Monday, January 16, 2012

Books I love: The Green

I don't frequently give my personal opinion on other author's books, but Karly Kirkpatrick released a book this week that I LOVE and I want to tell you about it.  I had the pleasure of critiquing The Green when it was in development and I can say without a doubt that I whizzed through this one, desperately turning the pages.


Seventeen-year-old Ariceli Pisa is a senior at the prestigious Cambridge High School and has her sights set on Northwestern University. She's a cheerleader, a member of the National Honor Society...and a drug dealer. That's not the only secret she has to keep from her best friend Naomi--she’s also madly in love with Naomi’s ex-boyfriend, James Bartlett. Trying to balance her life at Cambridge High with her new demanding job keeps her teetering on the edge of disaster. 


The Green reminded me of Risky Business, teen pushed too far dabbles in illegal activity to survive and grows from the experience.  There is plenty of excitement and romance, too.  I think you'll love Aricela and empathize with her plight. Check it out!
The Green is a steal at $3.99. Available now:  Amazon, Barnes and Noble 

Search This Blog