Thursday, March 17, 2011

What makes The Soulkeepers different?

The Soulkeepers is different from any YA paranormal you've ever read.  Aside from the reasons I mentioned in Tuesday's post, several other factors set it apart.  For one, my main character is a boy.  He's also Chinese-American and his girlfriend is East Indian.  If you took all of the books on the YA market, sorted out the ones with a female main character, then sorted out those with a caucasian main character, you would get a very short stack.

Beyond the main characters, I chose to write The Soulkeepers in third person so I could capture multiple points of view.  This allows the story to unfold somewhat like a mystery or thriller, genres that are sorely underrepresented in YA.  From the short stack, weed out any that are written in first person.

Are there any left?

If there are, I bet you can carry them in one arm.

What makes my book similar to others published in this genre is that it is engaging, accessible, and loaded with page-turning tension.  I hope you will give The Soulkeepers a try.  Sample it now on Kindle or Nook (links on the right).  I'll be posting chapter three tomorrow, then more to come on my launch contest.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog