Mother Teresa - "Be happy in the moment, that's enough. Each moment is all we need, not more."
My guinea pig lives in a large environment in my office. Every day, as I'm dealing with the frustrations and minutia that are inherent in being a writer and small business owner, I pause to give him a scratch behind the ears. Here's what I've learned from the little guy.
10. If you have food and water, it's a good day. If you get snacks, it's a very good day.
9. People like it when you jump for joy when you see them.
8. You are not fat. You're plush.
7. Worrying does not put treats in the bowl but sometimes a well timed squeal will.
6. It's okay to be vulnerable.
5. You've got to have faith. There are some things you can't control.
4. Stressed? A nap in a dark place usually does the trick.
3. A clean house is overrated.
2. Most of what you need, you already have. The rest you can get by trading what you have with others. Like joy for food and cage cleaning services.
1. If you are loved, even by a furry rodent or a neurotic writer, it makes all the difference.
- ► 2013 (34)
- ▼ October (3)
- ► 2011 (103)
- ► 2010 (11)